Browsing Category Blog

Grafton Street Re-Development Updates

By at March 31, 2013 | 3:06 pm | 0 Comment

Replacement of the water valves on Grafton Street. Dublin City Council’s waterworks department are replacing the old water valves along the length of Grafton Street. The majority of which, has now been completed successfully and have replaced brand new valves which will offer a reliable main water supply for years to come. This also ensures that the new paving will

Read more »

Blog

About Grafton Street

Grafton Street was named after Henry FitzRoy, The 1st Duke of Grafton, he was the illegitimate son of Charles II of England who owned land in the area and was developed from a country lane by the Dawson family in 1708, after whom the parallel Dawson Street is named.

Grafton Street runs from the top of St. Stephen's Green to (Trinity) College Green.