The History of Grafton Street, 1708 – Today

Grafton Street was established in 1708 by the Dawson’s, a wealthy Dublin family. The street was named after Henry Fitzroy, the first Duke of Grafton. It began as a residential street which was a popular address among Dublin’s more affluent citizens during the eighteenth century. In 1758 the famous Whytes Academy was established, an English Grammar […]